15.4.05

istaili

On July 28th 2004, Olson sustained some serious-ass head trauma while opening for Sonic Youth in Minneapolis. Earlier in the tour, Olson had purchased a giant medieval mace at a small shop in Montana, which he'd been using onstage. "It's got like 30 spikes on it and chains", he says...

Within five minutes of the gig starting, Olson had managed to clock himself in the head with the treacherous implement: "We get out there and I start swingin' it, and I feel it hit the back of my head. "I was just kinda like, 'Oh whatever.' But it just kept bleedin' and like my equipment and everything just was covered in blood, and I was kinda startin' to freak out, 'cause Thurston and all the roadies kept tossin' me towels and they just kept gettin' covered up with blood."

By the end of the 40+ minute set, Olson was starting to seriously feel the effects: "I barely made it through the set and I stumbled off. I couldn't really think or talk. So my buddy took me to the ER, and they were gonna call the cops on me 'cause they thought I was a drug addict. They finally got me in and it was like a young ER dude and he was all into Sonic Youth and stuff like that and I told him the story and he's like, 'Well, you know, we gotta put about five staples in your head. They numbed it up, which was the worst part. It was like six shots right in the cut. Then they cleaned it out, and it was like this big, gnarly staple gun. And they just hammered 'em in. It was pretty weird."


nossa, como eu preciso ver esse show do Wolf Eyes aqui no festival Hype. com ou sem maça.

Nenhum comentário: